Technical Assistance Engineer
- 11 avril 2022
L’offre d’emploi est actuellement pourvue, merci de consulter nos autres offres d’emploi.
Within the contractual frame of delivery of one or several vessels, the Technical Assistance (TA) Engineer is the main and local contact of the Customer for the application of the OCEA built vessel(s) warranty, technical assistance and training activities, at customer’s location.
The mission requires to be permanently located in the customer’s country (possibly in Asia, Africa or Middle East), with travels in and outside the country.
The duration of expatriation varies from several month to several years, depending on projects and contract requirements.
Main job description :
- Management and realization of the warranty : diagnostic of the break-downs and failure / defects, the repair and / or management of repair by sub-contractors, restart of equipment and faulty systems under warranty (including the trials, receipts signatures, follow-up of the warranty actions).
- Technical and maintenance assistance, related to the operational functioning of the ships and its equipment.
- Reporting and coordination with the Customer
- Coordination with the local subcontractors and suppliers, management of a local team as necessary
- Deployment in the Customer’s premises of the support system supplied by OCEA (CMMS, tooling, spare parts, documentation).
- Assistance of the Customer’s maintenance teams for the vessel preventive and corrective maintenance, and / or direct management of the maintenance (depending on Contracts)
- Training of crews and maintenance teams, including refresher courses
- Quality and technical feedback
- Prevention of the risks related to the application of the warranties, mainly by implementing support actions for the Customer.
- Assistance and recommendation in the resolution of potential warranty issues.
- Ensure the optimization of the operational potential of the ship while minimizing the after-sales costs.
- Maintain a trustworthy relation with the Customer.
- Show autonomy and initiative in the execution of the objectives which have been defined.
We are looking for a candidate of an Engineer or Technician standard in the maritime field, or an Engineer Officer of the merchant/national navy, with a significant maritime or offshore experience.
Knowledge of multi-technical maintenance and technical support are necessary.
Knowledge in CMMS will be appreciated, ideally in the maritime field.
Fluent English is mandatory, as well as a good knowledge of standard office applications, particularly Outlook and Excel.
Adaptability, flexibility, autonomy, good interpersonal and networking skills are required.
Long-term international mobility is necessary.
Integration and benefit package
We will support you through a personalized integration program to help you to succeed in your future role.
Extras: Individual and family health insurance and life insurance entirely paid, luncheon vouchers, profit sharing, works council preferential rates…