Motor Yacht Project Engineer
- 21 septembre 2021
Step aboard for a positive professional experience in a growing company !
Created in 1987, OCEA Shipbuilding has since merged 6 companies to become an international group in the design, construction and support of aluminum ships.
OCEA enhances in its design the natural properties of aluminium to propose dedicated solutions for the following activities : Maritime Safety and Security, Maritime Transport and Mobility, Multipurpose workboats, Transoceanic yachts and Fishing boats.
Capable of producing all types of vessels (catamarans, monohulls, displacement hulls, …) up to 90 metres long, OCEA delivers 15 to 20 units every year.
A division of OCEA Shipbuilding, OCEA Yachts both designs and manufactures ocean-going yachts ; OCEA’s offshore yachts can cover long distances and in extreme conditions with a small crew.
The OCEA group has three production sites on the French Atlantic coast, in Sables-d’Olonne, Saint-Nazaire and La Rochelle, as well as one site in Fontenay-le-Comte.
OCEA is looking for its new permanent Motor Yacht Project Engineer to work within its Project Design Office in Saint-Nazaire.
As the naval architect and marine engineer, you will be responsible of the overall technical consistency of the vessel.
You will conduct the engineering studies of the ordered Motor Yacht by :
- Performing or managing the naval architecture works including weight breakdown, performance & stability
- Defining the main equipment and writing the purchase specifications
- Supervising the details studies in relation with the OCEA Details Design Office
- Controlling the product conformity with the contractual vessel specification and with the designer request
- Managing the class society and flag approbations
- Validating the vessel performances during the sea trials
You will participate to the preliminary Motor Yacht projects at the commercial stage:
- Customers’ requirements review
- Technical preliminary project development
- Design review
- Suppliers and subcontractors’ request for quotation.
- Technical specifications writing
As candidate, you have :
- Master’s degree in Engineering (Naval Architect),
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with similar responsibilities,
- Proven naval architect and marine engineer skills and experience
You have a relevant experience in Motor Yacht building and delivery.
You master knowledge to interpret technical drawings, to realize naval architecture and vessel performances calculations, and to produce technical reports.
You have a relevant experience in team leading, project management and planning.
A good knowledge in CAD and naval architecture software programs (MICROSTATION, RHINOCEROS, NAVCAD and MAAT HYDRO ++) is necessary.
To be fluent in English and, if possible, in French is required.
You are autonomous, methodical and organized so as to achieve the defined objectives.
You are able to work on several projects and to handle the unexpected.
Your active listening and dialogue skills allow an efficient communication among the project team.
Integration and benefit package
We will support you through a personalized integration program to help you to succeed in your future role.
Extras: Individual and family health insurance and life insurance entirely paid, luncheon vouchers, profit sharing, works council preferential rates…
* Champs obligatoires
Conformément aux dispositions du RGPD et de la loi n°78-17 du 6 janvier 1978 relatives à l’informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés, vous conservez la possibilité d’accéder à ces informations et de les rectifier si vous le jugez nécessaire. Vous pouvez également consulter nos mentions légales et notre politique de confidentialité et de protection des données présentes sur cette page..